There is a national shortage of Engineers. To meet this need we must double the number of graduates and apprentices entering the engineering industry.
Cambridge National in Engineering Manufacture will inspire and equip you with the confidence to use skills that are relevant to the engineering, manufacturing, process and control sectors.
It's a vocational qualification, equivalent in value to a GCSE and contains both practical and theoretical elements.
As part of the Cambridge National, you'll cover:
· The different types of manufacturing processes, the materials that can be used and what other factors need to be considered
· Selecting and safely using equipment
· How to manufacture a one-off product using hand tools and manual machines
· How to manufacture in large quantities, using software computer-controlled machinery
You will study the key aspects of engineering manufacture, and have the opportunity to apply what you learn through a number of practical experiences. This will involve you studying three mandatory units:
R014: Principles of engineering manufacture
This is assessed by an exam. In this unit you will learn about the different types of manufacturing processes, and the different materials that can be used within manufacturing.
· Manufacturing processes
· Engineering materials
· Manufacturing requirements
· Developments in engineering manufacture.
R015: Manufacturing a one-off product
This is assessed by a set assignment. In this unit you will learn how to safely plan and produce a one-off product by using appropriate processes, tools and equipment.
· Planning the production of a one-off product
· Measuring and marking out
· Safely use processes, tools and equipment to make a product.
R016: Manufacturing in quantity
In this unit you will learn how to manufacture using simple jigs and templates to support manufacturing in volume using Computer Aided Design (CAD) software and Computer Numerical Control (CNC) equipment.
· Preparing for manufacture
· Develop programmes to operate CNC equipment
· Safely use processes and equipment to make products in quantity.