Hair & Beauty
Hairdressing and Beauty Therapy is an extremely popular vocational area. The aim of the VTCT Level 2 Certificate in Hairdressing and Beauty Therapy (VRQ) is to enable students to see that there is more to the sector than the practical side that people often think.
This qualification has been designed to develop;
· develop a broad and comprehensive understanding of the hair and beauty sector.
· develop a significant knowledge core which spans the entire vocational sector and related industries.
· develop academic and study skills that will support progression within hair and beauty more broadly.
Assessment Structure (120 GLHs)
To be awarded the VTCT Level 2 Certificate in Hairdressing and Beauty Therapy (VRQ) students must achieve the two mandatory units and two optional . Each year will focus on a unit as well as the exam unit.
· Unit 01 – Understanding the hair and beauty sector - Externally set and externally marked examination (throughout year 9, 10, 11 in preparation for exam)
· Unit 02 – Hair and beauty research project - Externally set, internally assessed and externally moderated coursework assignment (Year 9)
· Unit 05 – Hair and beauty science - Externally set, internally assessed and externally moderated coursework assignment (Year 10)
· Unit 06 – Responding to a hair and beauty design brief - Externally set, internally assessed and externally moderated coursework assignment (Year 11)
This combination give students a taste of what is involved with the sector with regards to business, the skills needed to carry out basic practical tasks, and knowledge of the hair and skin structure.
Students who successfully achieve this qualification could progress to:
· Level 1/2 Certificates in Hairdressing / Beauty Therapy General
· An apprenticeship in Hairdressing and/or Beauty Therapy